05 500

sean34590577

So far this yr on all the jobs I've had you guys have been great! Thanks. This sled is a 2005 xc/sp polaris 500 other night riding through deep wet snow trail ended put the sled in reverse which I hate on this sled cause it seems like my bolt always breaks in the chaincase! backed up then when I went to go forward it wouldn't move? picked up off ground could roll secondary and track on the ground nothing give throttle could hear a funny noise coming out of clutch area. held off ground got track spinning again noise went away? Rode it and it seems fine.put 40 miles on since with no problems Has some miles on the clutch with no work done to it. any ideas? Is it time for a rebuild? Also how much chaincase oil does a 2005 xc/sp 500 take? I can't find specs? Does the secondary bolt have a tq spec? xc 500 thanks for the help taking the skid out, now I need help changing a track out. any ideas?

xcr440

Does this have the mechanical reverse still? Could be those gears weren't mated up correctly for a second in the chain case. Had this happen on my 99 SKS recently after hitting a big jump.