05 600 classic drifting in corners

muskieswen

I have an 05 classic that i would like to set up so I can corner better. I have adjusted the tension on the schocks but still when I go in the corners I drift out. It is like I am not biting enough. I have no studs on the track and have 6" dual carbides. Not sure if that makes a difference. Any suggestions?

fredster

My wife rides a 2005 600 Classic w/M10. If you don't have the tuning guide for the M10, find one on the web or buy one. My wife's sled was real squirrely when we first bought it and it turned out that there was too much pressure on the front of the skid and very little at the back so it behaved like it had a very short wheelbase. Now that we have hers setup correctly it corners quite nicely, bites good and turns in well, and at higher speeds very easy to drift the back end around with more throttle. You might have to shorten the front limiter strap in order to put more weight on the skis, or, you may need to increase rear preload for your riding weight.

I did find that tuning the M10 without the guide was a bit confusing. The owner's manual has some information but it's not very complete.......

uncle_ed

I have an 04 for the wife and using the guide for the M10 is a must as it is critical to set up the rear for proper rider weight. The rear shock position and spring compression are outlined in the guide and should be strictly adhered to for a good starting point and then you may even be able to go a little softer. If you are not biting in the corners with 6 inch duallies and no studs then I would agree you need to pull up on the limiter strap or add front ski pressure by compressing the frt shock springs. That machine should corner nicely when set up properly so keep tweaking it till you find what works. Good luck!