05 yamaha vector not well

cih7250

I got a 05 vector and its not running very good. It's not running on all cyl.at a idol it pops,backfires misses at high speed it seems to smooth out but it's hard to tell. The weid thing is a week ago it started and ran just fine with no problems. I've did the simple things new plugs,looked for lose wires check carbs for dirt.I'm need some help,some ideas HELP!!!

tundra ron

I hade a problem with my rage It was a blown fuse.The heated shield was wired into the wrong circuit. Replaced fuse and ran heated shield directly to battery with a inline fuse.

attack_06

yah could be donuts but its a job to get to them tear off seat gas tank heat shields my attack did same thing should be replaced at 5000 mil then u have to drop skid and take apart muffler pipes have fun

whitedust

You did way too much but understand. Classic TORs problem check it out simple fix. Out of adjustment or stuck not returning to idle throttle position. Will run fine as wine.... 99% sure that is your problem.

cih7250

Thanks for all the info, it was the TORS switch did a little ajusting and all is good thanks again you guys are were a great help. Thanks