'06 Ski-doo MXZ 600 Adrennaline Kill Switch

tommyboy

I probably shouldn't complain, but I can't shut off my sled with the kill switch. The switch moves, but the motor keeps running. Just brought it ought of storage and it runs fine, but I have to use the key to turn it off.

Is there a fuse that would control it, or maybe a just a spider building a home under the red button?

Any ideas will appreciated.

Tom

I probably shouldn't complain, but I can't shut off my sled with the kill switch. The switch moves, but the motor keeps running. Just brought it ought of storage and it runs fine, but I have to use the key to turn it off.

Is there a fuse that would control it, or maybe a just a spider building a home under the red button?

Any ideas will appreciated.

Tom

If your mechanically inclined you can remove the switch and clean the contacts. I've done it a several times.

tommyboy

Thanks for the response. That's sort of what I was thinking, although I was hoping for something really simple.

Summer storage does not include climate control, so it could be heat, humidity and/or bugs.

doofan1

kill switch repair

Try spraying some WD-40 in the switch

I found that plastic gets between the contacts on the rocker style switch. Take it apart youll see what I'm talking about. I'm guessing that is why skidoo changed the style of switch on the later models.

tommyboy

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be looking at it again this weekend. And yes, it is the rocker style switch so maybe that's the issue.

tom