08 crossfire 800....won't go out of reverse

alex2929

When i start my sled it is in reverse.....i hit the button to take it out of reverse and it gives me an error that says CCU and will not go out of reverse....anyone know what this means???

winter_time

you have to have the control box replaced it is a common problem on cats ask m8man it has happened to him twice in a years time

fgsacts

Yes, common problem. Any dealer should know what the fix is. Happened on '08 M8 and my buddys also. Ours were under warranty at the time. Not sure if Cat will cover it seeing that it was a common problem that they have to be aware of.

alex2929

Great....Bought the thing new this year so it is under warranty. Its been nothing but trouble. Started off with the gauge pod going bad on a trip up north. Then it left me stranded on the side of the trail for no apparent reason. Now this....I;m about to call cat and let them know what i think.

kurt_g

This past weekend my buddies 1000 had the box go bad, lost all power to everything. Called a dealership and they told him it was a common problem, with that being said you'd think Artic Cat would have a recall to resolve this problem.

mezz

Could be a condensation issue....

It is my understanding that this could be related to a condensation issue, not necessarily the CCU. Check it out & let us know.-Mezz

raceinsnow

Keep an eye on the dimond drive on that sled.I have replaced/repaired the dimond drive on my buddies sled 3 times because a bearing keeps comming apart inside the drive.(08 cross fire 800)