'08 F8 low oil indictor

markf419

'08 F8 low oil indicator

I have a '08 F8 Sno Pro and noticed the oil indicator coming on while doing my preseason prep. At first, I saw the oil was a bit low so I didn't worry about it and filled it up. Well, as I was loading the sleds into the trailer yesterday, I seen it was still coming on. I checked the plug at the tank and inspected the wire harness as much as i could after pulling the pipe and body panels off and all looked OK. Anyone have any other ideas? Thx

Last edited:

mjkaliszak

I wonder if there is an ohm reading ( values ) that it should test good between ? I never had or have seen that issue with my groups sleds but have had many problems with my harness. You know another place to do a search is over in HCS, they seem to have a lively cat forum ( tech wise ). Just a thought.

pez

when that happened to one of mine...it was a sticky float. replaced and been working ever since.

markf419

when that happened to one of mine...it was a sticky float. replaced and been working ever since.

I was kinda thinking that, but it's not on all the time. It went off when I filled the tank, then came back on a few min later. If I shut off then restart, it'll stay off for about 5 min then come back on.

90s

If you can get at the connector that goes to the sender on the oil tank, disconnect it when the lite comes on & check continuity back to the sender, it will probably show a short which indicates that the float is making contact with the contacts on the end of the float shaft. I had this problem on last years Rush and the same thing happened on this years Adventure. On the Adventure the oil was an inch above the add line. The float was not binding on the shaft, my thought is that the float is just a little bit to heavy and settles to the bottom of the shaft.