1983 Yamaha SS440 seat

dfattack

Over the last several years I have had my 1983 SS440 restored. I bought it in 2010 and now have it restored almost to the point that it looks like it did brand new. it was my first sled I ever owned when I was 16. I'm very happy with the finished product and the shop who performed the restoration. Yamaha even had a complete brand new skid still in the crate which I had installed.

The only part I'm not entirely happy with is the seat. I could use a new foam seat and would like to find material that matched the stock seat exactly. Current seat is off just a little bit in color. The stock seat is a little difficult to reproduce since the stripes from the tunnel turned up into the seat cushion. If anyone has any information for me on where to buy a good quality seat (foam and fabric) it would be much appreciated.

IMG_5704.jpg IMG_5380.jpg

ss440

Thats a great restoration job. A lot cleaner then mine. My stock sea tcover rotted out as well. The original had like a silver and green and blue stripe above the tail light that was a different material then the rest of the seat.I had it recovered at a boat upholsterer just in black. it works but it wont win any trophies . Nice job

skiroule

Awesome sled! Figured ss440 would like it :05.18-flustered:,

Wish I had an answer for the foam/cover question. I'm in a similar situation with a project, although your SS seat is much more involved. If you're near a major metro area, I think your odds for finding a shop that would take it on are improved.