1999 Chevy Suburban K2500 4X4 Blower Motor i

wags

Ok so it stopped working on all speeds except "high" I change out the motor because it's the easiest, no luck still only runs on "high". I call the parts store to get a new switch and he tells me maybe it's the blower motor resistor located in the ductwork somewhere. I decide to get both the resistor and the switch. After searching and only finding what I think is the resistor assy I realize it's impossible to change it out without pulling the pass side airbag or hire trained mice to turn the wrenches up under the dash. I go for the switch and YES! It works!

So the question is: If the resistor needs to be changed, 1st was I looking at the resistor located on top of the ductwork behind the glove box and 2nd will the airbag need to be removed or is there some sort of trick to changing it out??

Thanks,
Dan

bababoo

My 99 tahoe blower motor stopped except on Hi also last month. It turned out to be the switch on the dash. It actually started to burn up one weekend which melted the harness plug causing more grief. If the fan works on HI it most likey is not the resistor. I would suspect the speed control switch. I could access the resistor and blower on my tahoe by only removing the glove box. The dash unit came out pretty easy after a few choice words.