2000 xc500 won't start

cfd3124

2000 xc500 will not start. Fogged it in spring, always starts within 5 pulls, now it won't start!! Gas is on and fresh, changed plugs, has spark, plugs not very wet though... will run with a little mist of gas in cylinders but will not pick up..i'm thinking fuel pump?? I know, it's February and it should have been running by now!!! Any support would help, thanks in advance!!

2000 xc500 will not start. Fogged it in spring, always starts within 5 pulls, now it won't start!! Gas is on and fresh, changed plugs, has spark, plugs not very wet though... will run with a little mist of gas in cylinders but will not pick up..i'm thinking fuel pump?? I know, it's February and it should have been running by now!!! Any support would help, thanks in advance!!

Clean your pilot jets and/or check your impulse line.

Last edited:

simonsr1

hard to say, without seeing it, but it wouldnt hurt to take carbs off and disassemble and clean them, very simple to do, just make sure you blow out all the passages with compressed air before reassembling them, if you dont have a compressor you can use a can of dust off, they sell it at electronic stores,(office max, etc) its like compressed air in a can.