2004 f7 efi not idling right.

royale189

Ran great and ripped great all day/Night parked at the bar and went to fire it up was running like complete dog *** and boggy. Once it "cleared out" it ran like a champ parked it again and fired it up an hour later was doing the same thing but didn't clear out. Now if I go to fire it up it won't idle at all just dies and if it does start to idle if you tap the gas it just dies and sounds like it's only at half power

royale189

Filled the sled with 92 octane from Thorntons, I have heard their fuel is kinda sketchy with some water in it from time to time. I also after is started running like dog ***, I did put sea foam and heat in the tank

Wyelde

Have you tried new plugs? it sounds like it's trying to run on one cylinder, Also, those sleds sometimes build up corrosion between the spark plug cap and the plug wire. You can untwist the plug cap from the wire, and if the end is all green and nasty, try trimming a half inch off and twisting the plug cap back on. Also, make sure the plug cap itself isn't full of carbon.

T

Tracker

Ran great and ripped great all day/Night parked at the bar and went to fire it up was running like complete dog *** and boggy. Once it "cleared out" it ran like a champ parked it again and fired it up an hour later was doing the same thing but didn't clear out. Now if I go to fire it up it won't idle at all just dies and if it does start to idle if you tap the gas it just dies and sounds like it's only at half power

depending on yer miles...mine was a broken APV valve cable....one side....13500 miles aboot...check that...and also the TPS washer and pin on throttle get worn out and it will do that also...good luck

HIGHLANDER

coil...start the machine and pull off a plug wire then the other...if it dies on one or another, that's your problem...both plugs spark at same time BTW