2005 Renegade X Set-Up

wjwcheez

I have a 2005 Renegade X 600 SDI that i picked up mid-summer. It is all stock. I also have a 04 Gade 600 which rides awesome. Is there any quick inspections / changes I should look for / do to the ski / skid (front and rear) set-up on the x package for a 180lb rider?? I would label my style as 80% aggressive trail. I plan to adjust as I go but if anyone has any experience / thoughts I would appreciate it!! I hear there are issues involving the front suspension arm (creating heavy skis and corner push) on the skid. Can anyone verify?

jimfsr

Well, first off, if the suspension on the X has never been serviced, I would start there. Its hard to set up shocks if they are in desperate need of servicing. (about 2 yrs or 2500 miles)

Beyond that, shim the skiis, and set it up per the conditions. I change my settings constantly, sometimes several times a day as the conditions change.

wjwcheez

Thanks for the info Jim. It is in the shop right now so I can forward that to my tech and have him inspect. I guess I will hold off on modifications to the front arm on the skid until I put a few miles on. If I can remember right, the front piggy's are 3 clicks from the top and the rear is about the same......I suppose a good place to start. Do you ever mess with your L-strap??? Where is it currently?? Thanks again....Bill

jimfsr

Never messed with it, always had enough adjustment with spring pre-load. Ian at Monster suspensions has a great suspension set up guide for sag and pre-load- check with him and see if you can get a copy.