2005 Yamaha Warrior Opinion

Am looking at an 05 Yamaha Warrior and would appreciate opinions. I am 90% trails and a little ditch banging in So. Mn. I know they are around 100 pounds heavier than most sleds and the 136 would smoothe things out on longer days but is the weight that noticeable? I know the engines are rock solid but any issues with going through belts, suspension good? Thanks.

snowbullet

WELL HERE WE GO !! im a yamaha nut and own a 2007 APEX er thats been HAWKized PUSHING 175 HP . MY wife HAD a VECTOR 2006 and father in law HAD a warrior 2004 . so i got to ride all of them before buying what I have . I crawled off a 2001 srx with M-10 so i expect alot out of a sled . ok the warrior great off trail sled will take you anywhere dont get it burried but there is a secreat to getting them out pull all snow from out of front end stand on back of running boards of sled nail it and hang on !! ok TRAIL RIDING well can you say major ski lift it dump trucks in corners ect.. RX-1 chassie NO FUN !! APEX CHASSIE strongly sugjested for handeling and all around ride like a atv with loads of power and fun .. as for the belt they are real easy on them weight you will never think you are on a great big heavy monster light feeling can throw around like a toy . ride nice to but old chassie is only down fall . If you can get ski pressure you might like it pull the front of track down to middle strap hole then put front shocks at center to 3/4 hard and put studboy 10 inch shaper bars on it you might get her to handel good instead of like a dump truck . good luck I would take it for a 5 or more mile test drive before buying the RX-1 chassie but if the $$ is right its your call all in all it isnt a bad sled but the APEX chassie is much better !!

L

lenny

agreed on the ski life but we are referring to coming out of the corner and full throttle. If your and aggressive trail rider you will for sure not like the ski lift. I had an 03 Rx1 and ski lift was an issue. My buddy still has his 03 with nearly 10,000 miles now and rides on 1 ski for fun, lol. They are good strong machines that do not feel heavy when riding. Electronics are awesome.

Y

yama_yooper

I have an '05 Warrior, and I love it!

Its a great trail sled. You won't notice the extra weight in 95% of conditions. The only time you'll notice it, is if you try to lift/move the sled by hand.

I've had mine for 3 winters now, and not a single issue.

One thing you can do to improve trail handling, is to install a 12 or 13 mm swaybar on the front in place of the 10mm stock.

I stretched mine out to 151", put on mountain skiis, and a 6" bar riser....and made it a "Yooper Deep Snow Special".

ubee

take the swaybar completely out ! plug holes with hardware store rubber plugs !00 % different ride
less wieght too and less snow drag in powder

catcrazy

I have on 04 and absolutly luv it. But I did come off a 2 up a when I switched to the warrior but still luv it after 3 winters!