2006 Fusion Adjustable Riding Position changes RPM's?

jayrob7

I have a 2006 600 Fusion. When I adjust the riding position on the steering column to the number 7 position the RPM's race and when I put in in the number 1 position the sled idols way down. Common sense would say that the cable is being stretched, but it isn't. It is moving the brass pin underneath the adjustable screw, but the actual throttle on the handgrip never moves. Has anybody else had this problem or hear of it?

markf419

I have a 06 fst and that does the same thing and I assume the cable is being stretched.

That's the first thing that came to my mind. Ck around the base of the column and under cowling to see if the cable is binding or getting caught on something as you adjust the column. If not, you can buy extenders.

raceinsnow

Anotherthing you can check for is a cracked carb boot.When you move the steering post the air box could be moving the carbs to open up a crack and let more air in.

jayrob7

I had a buddy hold the cable where the single line becomes a square tube. It still raced even when holding the cable and box. Its odd that it races when the position is forward. It would make more sense if it raced when it was in position 1 which is positioned the farthest away. I will check a couple of these suggestions. Thanks for the help.

winter_time

did you try adjusting your cable under the handlebar cover chances are that the cable is being stretched and when it is in the number 1 position it is completely relaxed. I had this hapen on my 05 rmk and that is what i did to fix it. it is a very common to have it happen even if the cable moves with the post it can happen another thing to do is check to make sure the e clip is still on the cable at the throttle body.

zimmbob

I had a 2006 Fusion 600 and I put a 5" riser on it, never extended the cables. That was the max it was going to go. I used to move it up and back all the time and never had an issue with it racing or having a problem with the throttle. I find it strange too, but it sure seems like the cable is pulling tight somehow. Can you get in and watch where the throttle cable is attaching to the carb and move the handle bars? See what it's doing? Guess the difficult part is finding out where it's catching and making it move.