2007-08 a look back...

mountainmaxman

Although ya never say never, after today's ride on the Arvon and Peshekee, I'm sure I heard the fat lady singing on top of one of those ridges we we riding over!

So just in case today's ride was the last one, thought I'd go through the 100's of pix I took over the winter and pick some of the best o'the bunch.

This page will probably take a bit to load but figured would be better to put them on one page instead of breaking things up. So if you've got dial up, go grab a favorite beverage and come back and things should be ready to go.

DSL or higher users shouldn't have to wait but just for a couple of minutes at most.

77437.jpg

GETTIN' A LITTLE AIR!
77438.jpg

George, George, George of the jungle--WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!
77439.jpg

DIDDO!
77440.jpg

Fixin' the damage from the next pic.
77441.jpg

He just crawled down and was expecting us to just lift him back up by the skis. A few good kicks and he sled was ready to hit the woods again! Rode the rest of the day with no probs.

77442.jpg

Social stop.
77443.jpg

ANOTHER group..same activity.
77444.jpg

H-E double toothpicks of a power line ride on the Baraga Plains.
77445.jpg

Digital zoom (I know they suck) of an RMK that had a LITTLE difficulty in climbing the other other side!
77446.jpg

Same powerline but that little Kitty Cat in the upper left side of the pic walked up and down that hill without missing a beat.

77447.jpg

A well-earned chow break after playing on the powerline from H-E double toothpicks!
77448.jpg

The guy waving is one of America's best on a two-week break from Iraq. He couldn't wait to trade the sands of Iraq for the snowflakes of the UP!
77449.jpg

Yami gettin some air in the boonies behind Herman!
77450.jpg

Kitty Cat's claws weren't sharp enough to hold on the log pile without falling off.
77451.jpg

But the same Kitty Cat had no trouble grabbing the snow underneath its track!
77452.jpg

OOPS! Snow was a little, okay, A LOT deeper than I thought!
77453.jpg

The little RMK that could, and did go every place the big boys did and THEN SOME. Almost went for a swim but a little ski adjustment and a one-hopper over the open water and back on solid ice!
77454.jpg

Mountain Viper sinking its fangs into the snow!
77455.jpg

Escarpment looking west toward Alston, Pelkie and up toward Houghton.
77456.jpg

This GMC Jimmy was ot in the middle of nowhere and judging by all the snow on it, looked like it had been sitting all winter...and yes, we THOUGHT about how it would make a GREAT JUMP!
77457.jpg

There's that little Polaris again! Check out that custom cooling system up front complete with duct-tape reinforced hood!
77458.jpg

A shot looking toward the Peshekee on April 5. Still plenty of snow...but boy what a workout getting to and through it!
77459.jpg

Even that fancy, former racing Kitty Cat was declawed several times on our final day...Everybody, no matter what you were driving, got caught by three feet of white mud at least once or twice. Lots of smoking belts too...but it was such a beautiful day on Saturday that no one complained at all all day!
77460.jpg

Everybody lent a helping hand all day long!
77461.jpg

Good thing the snow was deep. Bob is holding up his helmet AFTER it was run over by another Yami. Snow packed in there pretty good! That's not snow behind him, that's snow from the top to six inches hanging out the bottom!
77462.jpg

Last major hurdle of the day and probably the season
sad.gif
!
77463.jpg

Playing on a Peshekee swamp on March 30. Won't be seeing something like this again till December 08 or January 09.

Hope everybody had a great season. I know even though we ended up with about three feet less snow this year in the Herman area than last year, it was still a year filled with a heck of a lot of fun!!

L

lenny

nice pics, the last pic with guy on left near vetical, did he go over?

mountainmaxman

Nope...he picked that sled up from a guy who videos out west...see my posting from sledding a da Peshekee from a day or two earlier. Got some good shots of Kyle. That thing has so many mods it stands up like that if you look at it hard. I think he rides it more vertically than horizontally. Sweet seld for boonie'in in da UP!