2007 Polaris IQ 600 H.O. Cleanfire?

tubbywolfe

Any know issues with the '07 Polairs IQ CFI? Have a chance to pick one up at what I deem a good price but can't find much in the way of reviews out there.

Dave_B

Pretty much a bullet proof sled. I had a 2007 carb version and had zero problems with it. I wish I never would have sold it. There where a couple of recalls on them when they first came out, simple stuff, just make sure they were done. I am assuming it's in good shape, has been taken care of and all that good stuff.

Dave

alwaysright

solid sled, my old man has one and he could run right with my '06 doo gade 800, I was pissed when his 600 was right there with my 800 on the top end, but he is about 50lbs lighter than me and I'm sure the gearings is different. you should see 107-108 on the top end.

i have a 07 IQ 600 CFI touring, basically the same just bigger. I would buy it again no hesitation. Great engine, plenty of power. The dreamometer breaks 100. Smokes and smells its definetly not a etec. But that poo oil smells so good. Handles great, sometimes I forget its a two-up. I've never driven the short track I'm sure its even better for high speed trail riding. The only complaint the electric start on these machines sounds horrible. Its a bad grinding sound but it works.

very solid and relaible. 2 issues i have had with customers sleds is the fuel lines come down the clutch side of the airbox. some rub through each other. if you get the sled just do a new filter and thats part of the 1 line and route them so they wont rub. 2nd is the intake boot between the throttle body and reed cages have a tendancy to tear if its original, the replacements are better quailty. other then that between my dad and his buddies they have had 6 of the 07-10 600 cfi's over 10k miles with no real issues

redrat75

I have an 07 Switchback 600 CFI. Great sled with a few minor draw backs. #1 The sled likes to build ice up in the tunnel. Not just a little but large amounts. When you stop to fuel up or get food try to get all ice out of the tunnel. I have had hunks fall off while riding and its not pleasent hearing the ice chuncks grinding into the fwd cooler. I want to add an aftermarket cooler but there $500.00. #2Fuel filter should be replaced every year. Not an simple job and the filter is kinda spendy. Other than that the sled rocks!

Dave_B

I have an 07 Switchback 600 CFI. Great sled with a few minor draw backs. #1 The sled likes to build ice up in the tunnel. Not just a little but large amounts. When you stop to fuel up or get food try to get all ice out of the tunnel. I have had hunks fall off while riding and its not pleasent hearing the ice chuncks grinding into the fwd cooler. I want to add an aftermarket cooler but there $500.00. #2Fuel filter should be replaced every year. Not an simple job and the filter is kinda spendy. Other than that the sled rocks!

That ice build up thing was just with the Switchback. I ride with my uncle who has the same sled as you and always has that problem, especially in deeper snow. I never had that issue with my 121. I just have to help him clean out his!

the coolers being on the outside of the tunnels does that...jsut bounce it a few times lol. and fuel filters are piece of cake with the $5 tool. but i agree i think they are $60 but its cheap insurance