2008 F6 Arctic Cat died at 60mph

Pink Cat

Was cruising down the trail this weekend and the Cat decided to take a nap.
It just shut down going 60mph... and I could not get it restarted.

It has had 2 stators replaced - thank goodness under warrantee, but it is out of warrantee now.
If it is the stator, is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening again?

Thanks

G

G

I am assuming it didn't hole a piston or stick a ring. AC famous over the years for bad grounds and stator issues on certain models. About all you can do if it is the stator is replace it and shine up all the grounds connecting the engine to the frame and wherever else they may go like to regulators and other switches. The sled is old enough where there could be some corrosion going on in the wiring. Really about all you can do.

G

G

Go to the Country Cat website. You can then pull up your sled and check the part number for the box. Then go to the 07 and see if the numbers are the same. Pretty simple. Or else call the Country Cat parts dept and ask for Tom. He knows his stuff.

raceinsnow

The oem cat stators are junk. The windings are to small and are prone to over heat because of no flywheel venting. There is a place called stator corp. (508-478-5700)that rewinds the stators with heavy wire for a fraction of the price of the cat stator.

catalac

The oem cat stators are junk. The windings are to small and are prone to over heat because of no flywheel venting. There is a place called stator corp. (508-478-5700)that rewinds the stators with heavy wire for a fraction of the price of the cat stator.

Good to know! Thanks!