2008 Polaris Dragon Suspension Sags.

daninsheboygan

I have a 2008 Dragon with 1500 miles. Before I even sit on it it seems to sag in about 3-4 inches. I can pull the suspension up, but then it just falls down, even when it's on flat ground Is it the springs? I've put it on the highest spring tension spot, but I don't like the ride at that point. Is this an IQ issue?

polarisrider1

No. All the Polaris's I own do this. Look in the manual. It explains it in there. Are you bottoming out when you ride the sled? If not "No worries".

daninsheboygan

It explains about the "sit in" when you get on, but I expect the suspension to return to its full height when I get off? At least every other brand of sled I've owned has?

2buckchuck

Loosen the limiter strap and loosen the front shock in the skid. See if that helps the sag issue. It might make it transfer a little better too.

daninsheboygan

I really don't want to loosen the limiters because then I'm affraid I'll sacrafice ski pressure? And I can't adjust the front shocks because there are no springs, they are ryde fx gas shocks and polaris does not supply the pump to adjust them?

rakins800

hey Dan- take the shocks off,send out to have schrader valves installed.then buy cheap bicycle pump to keep them at whatever psi you are comfortable with.
repost on here if you cant find anyone to handle this for you. I know a guy who does it very well at a reasonable price with about a 10 day turn around.
RA

daninsheboygan

Thanks for the info RA, but I really like the rest of my setup. I just wish the sled didn't sag. That, coupled with the sit in makes me feel like I'm sitting low. I guess I'm wishing someone would reaffirm my thoughts that my springs might be light?

jeff

Ive heard that some people are complaing about the week springs. I would upgrade to a bigger spring.

srt20

That is how they are designed. You will notice how nice it rides when we get the snow.

polarisrider1

You only need enough travel to not bottom out and to absorb the bumps. Polaris sleds all do this. Your owners manual explains this and how to set it up. You are not being cheated out of travel. 3-4 inches of sag is perfect. My 06 RMK has 5" of sag. my 05 switchback has 3 inches of sag, and the list goes on and on. If you "Jack" the suspension all the way up you will have a ride from <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>. It's like filling up air shocks on a car as full as they go. Your teeth will come loose after the first railroad track crossing. Example: Jack your car/truck up by the bumper. does the suspension drop down aways before the tires leave the ground? Same thing with your sled. The weight of the car also creates suspension sag. The car manufacturers don't talk about this. It is not important. The ride is important.

nitroman

<font color="ff0000">Your not losing that travel it will be there for you when you get into the deep stuff! My Dragon RMK does the same thing but like others said as long as your not bottoming out ride it. The travel will be there for you when you need it.</font>

rp7x

you can get firmer springs from polaris , the sag should not be to much , i run the heavyer springs on my rmk