2008 ski doo 600 sdi. RPM's reduce as you ride...

pcarp

Hard time putting a title on this one, but here is the deal. My 2008 mxz 600 sdi starts great, runs great for the first 5 or so minutes. Rpm's up to 8500 or so at full throttle. About 5 or so minutes into the ride it cuts back to about 7000 rpm's full throttle. After about 15 or so minutes more of riding I'm back to a max of 4,000 rpm's. The motor just boggs when you try to go over the 4,000 rpm level. Shut the sled off, restart it, and the whole cycle restarts it self, runs great, then rpm's slowly reduce.
Conditions when the problem started were riding off trail in the deep snow, seemed like I had fouled the plugs so I stopped, changed plugs and it has repeated the aboved cycle every since. Sled has about 6,000 miles on it. No warning lights on the dash either.
So, what is the deal? Sensor?

WisDoo

I had same problem. I put a new belt on. Cleaned valves. Cleaned clutches. And put a new filter in. Not sure what did it but it was fixed. Mine would actually almost seam to go into limp mode? No codes or nothing. Mine has 8400 miles.

jmvette427

try loosening gas cap while problem occurring, daughter has a 08 tnt 600 carbed and when we park after using hear a hooting noise , i go over and undo gas cap noise stops , blew out vent hose ok now