2009 gade carbides

B

babbaboo

I had plenty of stares yesterday as I picked up a 2009 gade X out of the crate from a dealer. The tool booth women at Mackinac asked if I knew what month it was.
After bringing it home and looking at the ski's I am wondering what carbided to buy for it. I can see the OEM carbides are going on the outside but what are you guys replacing he center with?

ski_dog

Drill the holes for the the outside carbide and put the stock ones there. Then buy a new set and put them in the middle. I've been using 6" Stud Boy Shaper Bars and love them. The outside carbide will also protect the outer edge of the ski. Good luck!

polarisrider1

I have 1 pair of StudBoy 6" carbides and a pr. of 4.5" carbides that fit on Skidoo Pilot skis for sale. brand new in pkgs. pd. $150 sell all for $100 plus shipping. Anything but Studboy is money thrown away. I have used them all. Sold sled I bought them for.

weeski2

I ride a trails with icy corners (Eagle River area when we have no snow) and wanted control. On my new 50th aniversary E-tec, I put on 8" Bergstrom triple points and move the stock to the outside (I never rode the sled with stock carbides). I also installed Bergstrom's shims and ski savers. The shims force the tips of the skis up and make the carbides wear evenly instead of the front first; The skisavers prevent the ski from wearing next to the carbide. They have to be ordered direct from bergstromskegs.com I put 1700 miles on mine and they are showing about 20-25% wear. They steer on ice like it is snow and allow you to manuever on concrete and blacktop (great when crossing bridge decks and getting in and out of gas stations. I am running 88 studs down the center with a 1.25" lug track. There is no darting and I did not have to make any suspension adjustments. On my previous sled, an 06 Renegade I ran Doo Extremes and they would last about 1200 miles max. One thing that is very important - drill the holes and put the stock runners on the outside or you will wear out the outside of the skis.
Jeff