2010 CFR 800 won't start!

SLEDNECK#1

Well it's getting that time of year again so I was going to start up the sled..... and it doesn't start. It didn't turn over, all wires are connected, has gas and oil but isnt working. Doesn't even sound like it's turning over. If anyone has suggestions on problems I would appreciate it because I don't k ow what to do
Thanks, Nick

I take it has ES? It's kinda hard to understand whats going on when you stat that it doesn't turn over or it sounds like it's not turning over? You stated its getting fuel so I assume you checked the plugs. Check compression if you have a tester and spark. If ES, make sure starter is engaging and no fuses are blown... Don't really know though if there is a fuse on that model for starting. Also, check wire connectors for good contact with battery posts. Could have gotten some rust on them over summer. Make sure ground wire isn't touching any other metal. Hope this helps.

saber1

sounds to me like a battery issue battery has enough power to spin starter but not enough to engage the bendix or gear i would try jump starting .

Put a slow charge on the batt. or take it out and have it load tested. If it was left hooked up over the summer or has not been charged it is probably dead or very low. Should keep a battery tender on these types of batteries whenever they are not being used to get the most life out of them. OR, is the kill switch on?

Stack

First, turn the ignition off, hold the throttle wide open, then pull 3-4 times while keeping it wide open. Next, do the same thing, but turn the ignition switch to the ON position. The 2010 HO motor can be finiky, and very easy to flood, even with EFI. On these motors you have to pull it like you mean it too!

Stack

Last edited:

snocat_02

Had the same issue with my 06 crossfire. Turned out to be a corroded connection going to the fuel pump. You can just pull and pull and it never seems like it is going to turn over.

mezz

Did you plug the exhaust pipe during storage?, or is it possible something has made a nest in the exhaust & plugged it for you? I alway's plug my exhaust during the summer. I run my sled periodically during the off season & sometimes when I go to start it, I forget to take out the darn plug. The motor turns easy (almost like it feels like it's not turning over) & will not start unless you have air going completely through. Just a thought.-Mezz

SLEDNECK#1

It started when i poured some gas in the cylinders, not the gas tank. So i think the lines are gummed up... Any suggestions on how to clean the lines and injectors or what should i do.
Thanks, Nick

whitedust

It started when i poured some gas in the cylinders, not the gas tank. So i think the lines are gummed up... Any suggestions on how to clean the lines and injectors or what should i do.
Thanks, Nick

SEAFOAM!!!!!!! Buy a can & run it thru with fresh gas. Sounds like you have some very bad gas.