2010 yamaha

ranger_dave

anybody hear that yamaha has cut way back on production of 2010 sleds, and the dealers are only receiving a fraction of the sleds they usually have have to sell? that it might be hard to find 2010 yamahas for sale?

whitedust

Did you turn in a voucher for 2010 model? No voucher no build. Pretty smart if you aks me in a recession to not over produce. Dealers like the program..... I got it in your color if you want it so let's deal attitude. A lot of guys have been buying Yamaha sleds since August to get good deals on non currents & low mile used cherries. Those that wait will pay big bucks for limited supply of 2010 Yams. Simple supply & demand logic.

eagle1

Not only that dealers are paying a premium for 09's (from other dealers and auctions) just to have something to sell.
Glad I bought my 09 early last year, prices are going up fast on Yamahas.

yamalaris

"Prices going up fast on Yamaha's"

Hmmmm doesn't sound like a very good retail plan to implement during a recession.

My prediction is the dealer will offer you a couple hundred dollar discount on a 09 Yamaha in the year 2015.

Yamaha knows full well the demand for non-essential toys continues to plummet that’s why they are limiting production in the first place.

eagle1

If demand is down why did my dealer sell almost 30 sleds before October.
Rich are still rich? my .02

yamalaris

eagle, I for one am elated your dealer is having a good retail season collectively it helps to get the economy back on track.

Please allow me to further define your statement about the wealthy. It should have said the Uber rich are still rich. Average middle and upper middle class families who many categorize as rich have been hit the hardest during this economic melt down.

On the other side of the coin if you were of little means to begin with then you barely noticed a problem, perhaps the younger demographic are the ones continuing buying new sleds.

whitedust

Simple 4s sled demand is up. Trail riders converting from used 2s to new 4s. General 4s market demand is increasing & Yamaha is seen as the best of 4s sleds. Yamaha has all others beat in 120hp 4s class trail sleds more bang for the $ & Yam 4s retail price is lower than Poo,AC & Doo. Very good market position for Yam for now. No snow season & they all lose but Yam looking good right now.

snow_monkey

There are still some dealers with some 2007 inventory left in certain models if you look hard enough. I read a statistic that claimed the average dealer only sold 26 sleds a year. I belive inventories will be down because dealers are keeping a watchful eye on the market. If gas prices go back up or we have a crappy winter the deals are back on!!

whitedust

hmmm...... trebsdub that may be a very GOOD idea!! I don't know if the voucher is ironclad to 1 person so you may be able to pick up a free 4 year warranty & the sled color & model of your choice. Worth checking into for sure & certain dealers may be flexable...... among friends. May also depend on what your buddy will do for you. Could buy sled & sell to you for a buck don't know how it works for best deal. I do know there was no money down for the voucher. I felt I needed to go thru with the buy or might hurt my dealer. Later after the fact he said no sweat he will sell all his sleds & would have been 1 more sled for him whether I followed thru or not.

harvest1121

I do not think the vouchers affect a dealer. I have an extra one I am giving to trebsdub. I do not think it had anything to do with ordering. I think it was more for your email and have your info. Its the best way of advertising.

nytro

If anyone hears of vouchers that are transferable I'd be mighty interested in that. I bought a new 2010 in september and paid full price for the extended warranty. Later when I heard there was such a thing as a voucher, I called Yamaha and asked "whats up with this". I was told the deadline was April something, also the voucher was only good to the person that signed up for it ( name address phone number ) so if you hear differant somebody owes me some money!

mr_freeze

The voucher was for the issuing of a four year warranty only, not to get a sled built for you. Just because you have a voucher it does not entitle you to a sled.

trebsdub

I will let you know how it goes i'm meeting harvest1121 at the show in Milwaukee saturday then going to pick up my new 2009 carry over which you can use the voucher on also. Just will make a good deal even better

gizz

You can all put your own twist on this to either support Yamaha or not but if demand was UP like a lot of you think then i can assure you that Yamaha would produce more sleds to meet that demand. And to the guy that said the Yamaha sleds are cheaper than the others you are 100% wrong. You better Look at the prices again. I know a lot of Yam owners that bought in 2006 and are ready for another sled this year and something different than a 5 yr old sled. They are going with Ski Doo. My take is that Yamaha is doing this to save their <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> cause they aren't making the margin they need to on their sleds.

whitedust

All the Mags give Yam the nod for lowest retail price on 2010 Vector 120 class 4s trail sleds. Then you do what you can with your Yam dealer for best price & the sleds are reasonable compared to Doo,AC & Poo 4s pricing. That is fact of what the Mags state in comparos. I found dealer pricing on any new Yam sled is lower than what you may have thought. Nobody said Yam did not have enough inventory for 2010 market but you may not be able to get color you want. Riders always shift from 1 brand to another but I would think it would have to be 120-130 hp class 4s sleds as that is where doo is at with stock 4s. Yam is gaining 4s market share & most of it is riders of other brands. Yam pricing in Canada is another matter & very high but sell well there too in doos backyard.

MR.HAPPY

Yamaha is trying to get their left over models cleared out before they come out with their hot new model that they have held back from releasing for two years now! Smart biz!

rocketman356

Check out the New 4 TEC DOO Gade no stinking Vouchers needed there.Best all around sled I've ever owned.It weighs the same as a 800 2S Polaris Switchback.Throw on some Boost and yaa better respect ur throttle thumb on the trails.

cobalt_502

You don't need a voucher to get a 2010, it does give you a 4yr warranty if you buy one with a voucher. I just picked up a new 09 Apex LTX GT and for $100.00 extra and my FREE voucher I have a 5yr warranty! Does the 4TEC DOO Gade come with a 4yr warranty?