2011-2012 Season Snowfall totals for the U.P.

flatlandassn

1112snow.jpg

arcticgeorge

Yes last year was pretty slow as far as snow. The report is close to what the local paper reports from offical measurements taken at the Ironwood Water Authority. My first year in the UP was awesome, slow start but around Dec. 10th it came down like mad! Snowed 24 hours a day for like 5 or 6 days and then snowed pretty good almost non stop for the next 4 days after that. All the neighbors were like "this is nothing!" turned out to be a slow year with only 170 inches. (i shoved up 6 foot snow banks on the side of my driveway by hand) Then hoping the next year would be better i was disapointed cause we only got 114 inches. Still i am glad cause it beats my old Northeast Illinois winter of like 45 inches. Now i hope this coming season is a good one.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another dissapointing year for snow in da up. :-( Hopefully this year they get hammered again. C'mon 300"!!!!

swampcat

All I know is, every spec of dust that goes up in the atmosphere comes down as a SNOWFLAKE. That being said, I am in the earth moving business and in the midwest ,its DRY. Every day I am sending MILLIONS of dust specs up to become snowflakes this winter. Now I dont know where they are going to fall, but someone is going to be eyeball deep,I just hope it hits the U.P.,so I can get stuck in it.

whitedust

Snowfall has to be more wide spread thruout the Midwest for all to enjoy the sport them come north for the best of the best. I'm going to sit back this season take what I get & hope snow is widespread & gas prices go down! Snowfall is just 1 factor for an epic season.:)

Jonger1150

Snowfall has to be more wide spread thruout the Midwest for all to enjoy the sport them come north for the best of the best. I'm going to sit back this season take what I get & hope snow is widespread & gas prices go down! Snowfall is just 1 factor for an epic season.:)

Exactly, no offense to Wisconsinites... but we need you guys to stay in Wisconsin! The UP was a mad house on weekends.

440_chazz

All I know is, every spec of dust that goes up in the atmosphere comes down as a SNOWFLAKE. That being said, I am in the earth moving business and in the midwest ,its DRY. Every day I am sending MILLIONS of dust specs up to become snowflakes this winter. Now I dont know where they are going to fall, but someone is going to be eyeball deep,I just hope it hits the U.P.,so I can get stuck in it.

Dry is good if you're in earth moving business.