2012 Renegade Backcountry 800etec suspension question

huttes99

I just picked up my new 12 BC 800 etec. Does anyone have a good suspension setup? I am about 260lbs I will be riding about 50/50 off and on trail. Thanks

howe396

I would advise you to check with your dealer about heavier springs for center shock and torsion springs. You should only go down 3 inches when sitting on the sled. Move transfer blocks to full and center shock preload to full. Front shocks two turns from full. Move stock carbides to outside keel and put 7.5 shaper bars on center. You will lovi it.

howe396

Your welcome. The mistake I made the first year was to live with it. The suspension was maxed because of my size and when I hit big bumps, I was all in. This will give you full adjustability.

salmonbum

.200" Toe out.

If your off trail riding, you want less ski pressure, so crank center shock down, coupler block on narrowest setting and possibly cut rails back 1/2". All theses will get front end up and on top of snow.

Trail riding: back off center spring to get more ski pressure, coupler blocks thickest and do not cut rails.

Dont take this the wrong way, but Go to the gym and stop eating Mcdonalds. Loosing a few lbs will be the best upgrade you can do to your sled. Trust me.