2012 SBA 800 CFI help

Stompy65

Has anyone ever had to reset their TPS on an 800 CFI? I put new plugs at the beginning of the season, put 300 miles on and then I went out Tuesday to ride and I come to find the plugs went bad. I swapped them out last night, got it fired up, but it seems like the idle is kind of funky. Compression was 105 on the MAG and 110 on the PTO. I know rebuild is probably in the near future but I just want to see if anyone else had a similar problem.

srt20

Yes, but didn't have issues like you're having. The TPS was in spec for my 12, but when started from cold at elevation, the sled would run kinda crappy for 10-15 sec then die. Pull it again and would be fine the rest of day. Checked TPS and was fine according to Polaris. Then changed the TPS to exactly what my buds 2013 800 was and its been perfect ever since. This was a couple years ago.

Compression seems kinda low. I'd be checking it over more.
My 13 Switchback trail sled has 2800 miles, 120-125 psi. I opened it anyway because rings looked very slightly worn through exhaust ports. Needless to say, the Pistons were .08 clearance to cylinders, large amounts of blow by, top of Pistons were knife edging. Obviously Pistons were rocking in the bore. And compression was also leaking past head into water jacket. 4 of the 8 cylinder bolts had corrosion and you could see where compression was sneaking past in a couple spots. Not massive, but some.

Anyway, you have a 12 with thinner cylinder skirts and little different design on cylinder skirts. They break easier. Id be opening it up soon.

P.s. Oh and the reeds were shot on my 13 SB. I'd be checking those too.

Stompy65

Thanks for the input.

I clean my valves every year. Forgot to change out the gaskets, but figured they were good anyway. Think that will make a difference?
Yeah, poor practice on my part. After I buttoned it up I thought in my head I was going to pay for this. I just bought the gaskets yesterday just in case of rebuild.

Stompy65

Took the sled to a dealer last night to hook it up to the ECU. They said that I had 27 faults on my PTO side injector. Sounds like it's opening up too much and that's why I'm getting wet plugs. New injectors are on the way. Dealer also said they could bump up the oil injection through the ECU. I thought that the pump was a mechanical pump and you adjust using a screw on the side of the pump?

They did a compression test with a Snap-On tester and they got 120 and 125. Can't remember which number went to which side, but either way, it was a calibrated tester. So no rebuild this season yet. Will open up in the summer.