2014 Polaris Switchback ProR

docs_88

Looking for some advice on set up for my Switchback ProR. Purchased used at the end of last year but haven't had a chance to ride it a whole lot. When I have it seems to want to push through the corners. Wondering if this is a front suspension set up issue or the carbides which seem fine as far as wear but look to be only 3"?? Any advise on how to dial in the Walker Evans shocks? I'm about 6'3 210 and ride fairly aggressive at times although do like to dial it back sometimes. Any input would be appreciated.

snowchief

Seems to me your front is too lite try loosening the front track shock spring a bit at a time and tighten the rear shock spring little bit at a time see if that helps, on the axis it helps a ton by just adjusting a quarter inch at a time

docs_88

Thanks guys. I'll give the spring adjustment a shot. I have a brand new set of 7.5" Stud Boys in the garage that I bought a while back for a different sled but with no studs on this one I think they would be way too much. What would you recommend for carbide length on the 136" with no studs? It's a 600 btw.

C

Cirrus_Driver

I run 6" Triple points on mine, and adjusted the spring to balance transfer more toward the track - per dealer recommendation. It hooks up and corners fine. I'm only 185 in gear though.
7.5" will work, just adjust the suspension. Minute adjustments and test. The manual will tell you what to adjust for the handling you want.