2015 Switchback Assault 600 clutch questions???

Krislk87

I Am Heading To Dubois WY wich is about 8500 ft and I'm wondering what to do with my clutch? I have 2015 SBA 600 144" with 2in paddles. My book says just to change the weights to 10-56 and that's it. they use the same springs all the way up to 12000ft? I am new to this but it doesn't seem right to not change and springs?? Any help would be great!

srt20

Sounds good to me. My RMK that never gets ridden below 6500ft and is usually at 8500+ft has the same primary spring in it that my Switchback trail sled that gets ridden in WI. Just the weights are different.

raco_guy

just got back from Togwotee last week. Dubois didn't have much snow, but just down the road at a little higher elevation there was more than enough. I would plan on riding closer to 9-11000ft for good snow, but they were supposed to get more the day we left. I have a 2012 RMK 144 600 (similar to the SB) and I changed weights only, not springs. Per lots of research, Polaris's clutching recommendations are pretty spot on.....let me know if you have any other questions.

You will be good just changing weights to 10-56 for 8-10,000'. You could change primary spring or gearing but I wouldn't mess with it if it is only one trip.

Krislk87

Sounds good guys thanks for the info I will change the weights and go! I'll let ya know how every thing goes