2017 POLARIS 600 break in ??'s

pirate

Going to throw this question on motor break in out there , sure I'm going to get a lot of random opinions ....

Getting my new 17 600 SBA thur , Sticking with just Polaris 600's , ( 800's do have a diff break in per some dealers and up to 18 hours of reduced power ) whats everyone's break in procedures for 600 motors ??

Polaris does add the quart of oil to the 1st full fuel tank , and I'm pretty sure there is just a 2 hour
period that more fuel and oil is used , controlled by the ECU on the 600's ( again diff then the 800's)

After a few heat cycles on the stand and then a few miles of up and down throttle blips , no more then 3/4 throttle .
Things get interesting . Lot of people say at this point , just ride the motor like you stole it and others say keep it laid back the 1st hundred miles and no long hard pulls , just some quick random wide open hits , and try to not keep steady throttle the 1st 100 miles .

Whats everyone's thoughts ??

G

G

I have had a boatload of new sleds. Both 2 stroke and 4 stroke. Some I have broken in slowly and carefully. Others I have held to the bar from day 1. I have come to the conclusion that it makes no difference. You either have a good one or you dont.

xcr440

As what grub said, and besides the oil dump on the first tank of gas, its all computer controlled, and there's nothing you can do besides ride it!

mezz

Run it the way you ride normally. Any of the 600's out there are stout motors, you shouldn't have any problems. As grub put it, you either have a good one or you don't. IMO, any mfg 600 is a tough breed, now go grab yourself a handful of throttle.:cool:-Mezz