2023 gardens

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whoa, you're way ahead of us. Planted the potatoes about a week ago, nothing yet. The rest will go in the ground next week if the weather permits.

whitedust

Corn not planted yet in SE WI official growing season just started last week. Lots of dirt fields with nothing so far.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tomatoes and Beans are coming in. Potatoes look good but I won't know until I dig them up. Peppers are plentiful and cucumbers are yet to form. A very dry summer. If not for daily watering, there would be nothing out there.

wiscrev

Already canned 8 qts and 9 pts of beans and 4 pts beets. Will be making pickles next week. Should of had more but was gone the whole month of July and garden didn't get watered enough.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Digging Taters today. I'll cure these in the basement for a couple of weeks and then bag them up for the winter months to come.

Spuds 2023.jpg
Not sure why but they taste way better than the ones from the store.
Some people say, if you can grow something on your own piece of the planet...then it comes full circle.

3,000 lbs of cucumbers, 1,500 lbs of variety of potatoes, 1,000 lbs of variety of tomatoes so far. All heirloom non gmo, chemical free. Check out our Facebook page, pheasant run farm LLC, Erin Wi. Late planting sweet corn now ready. The Mrs. and I run the farm, grandkids help. Farm store open year round. 274 Erin Rd. Oconomowoc. Happy Labor Day!

mezz

Nice Gary! This is the first time in my 34 yrs of living in my home that I did not plant a garden. Things started out soo dry I decided to hold off as I wasn't up to hauling hose up every day to the raised bed garden. Glad in a way I did'nt because we have been in a serious rain deficit this entire summer. We have had a total of 3 meaningful rains & the 3rd one was last night, 2.30" in the rain gauge, that rainfall just now brought us over the 4" mark for the summer! I would have been paying dearly for water just to keep the plants alive, though I sure do miss my fresh tomatoes & salsa and such though.