2024 Edgar Hetteen Memorial Award -International Snowmobile Hall of Fame

lofsfire

In case you don't have Facebook here is a copy and paste of the post. I didn't used FB for a long time but once John passed I had to get snow reports from somewhere... Otherwise I probably still would not be use FB. Either way check this out!

The International Snowmobile Hall of Fame is honored to officially announce, John Dee from Jacobsville, Michigan as the recipient of the 2024 Edgar Hetteen Memorial Award of Merit - sponsored by the Elmer Cone Family & Iron Dog Brigade.
John started his website, www.johndee.com in the mid 1990’s in order to share his profession as a meteorologist and passion for snowmobiling. He brought those two things together along with a compliment of his real-life firsthand experiences. John never claimed that his forecasts were flawless, was always very humble and tried to only communicate what he thought would happen based on the current weather models. The forum portion of his website allowed him to share and allowed viewers to share as well, creating what would become known as the John Dee Family, a group of snowmobile enthusiasts and winter lovers in general. John’s website was so inviting it made visitors feel like they knew him through his website without actually meeting him. John always had a positive attitude and a warm smile on his face, always eager to give back. His annual Make A Wish “John Dee Ride-In” will be fondly remembered as it always focused on making wishes come true for kids who were fighting critical illnesses. John also served as President of the Keweenaw Snowmobile Club which was responsible for grooming the trails from Tapiola to Copper Harbor, the most miles maintained by a single club in Upper Michigan. He genuinely loved snowmobiling, tracking winter weather patterns and bringing snowmobilers together. John’s forecasts (favorable or not) were appreciated by local commerce as well. John brought nothing but positivity to snowmobiling, was a true ambassador of the sport and most deserving of the 2024 Edgar Hetteen Memorial Award of Merit.