3 day quick trip

Looking for advice/ ideas for a three day trip out of the Soo. Dropping somewhere just across the border in Ontario on a Thursday morning. Thinking about heading up to Halfway and then to Wawa for Thursday night (carrying gas). Then looking for ideas where to ride Friday and Saturday with returning to the Soo by Saturday night.

There is only going to be two of us, maybe three. 200+ mile days in wisconsin/Michigan with multiple stops is normal for our group so not too worried about high mileage.
Any ideas or thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks

old abe

Perhaps you check to make sure Halfway is open? I had been told earlier they were not to be there this winter season? Good luck to you!

Yes Halfway shows to be open! 705-812-1671 good luck!

Last edited:

Hoosier

Heard some info here and there about HH - not sure what is true or not. I do know this year's closure was due to not being able to keep the supply road open due to the ridiculous amount of snow they had in mid-February. They say they will be re-opening again, but it kind of sounds like they are working on external funding or something. They do need some funding to upgrade or replace the building and get a better machine to clear the road, if nothing else. It would be a huge loss to the trail system if they didn't re-open so hopefully things work out.

cobrajet

Heard some info here and there about HH - not sure what is true or not. I do know this year's closure was due to not being able to keep the supply road open due to the ridiculous amount of snow they had in mid-February. They say they will be re-opening again, but it kind of sounds like they are working on external funding or something. They do need some funding to upgrade or replace the building and get a better machine to clear the road, if nothing else. It would be a huge loss to the trail system if they didn't re-open so hopefully things work out.
halfway is closed for 22/23 season TRAILS will be gromed this year came from club