4/6 Screwing Around

pclark

Had to get my sled ready to load it up next week after I dig my trailer out so I decided to run some fire roads and screw around in the woods for awhile right around my place. Man, the snow is still 2-3ft deep in the woods and you can ride on top of it but every once in awhile you break through and it takes everything you have to power through and get back up on top of the snow. I'm not a boondocker so I got stuck twice and sweated off a few pounds digging out but it was fun to be out in the woods. Going to be in the 60's next week so we'll be melting some snow finally.

skiroule

Had to get my sled ready to load it up next week after I dig my trailer out so I decided to run some fire roads and screw around in the woods for awhile right around my place. Man, the snow is still 2-3ft deep in the woods and you can ride on top of it but every once in awhile you break through and it takes everything you have to power through and get back up on top of the snow. I'm not a boondocker so I got stuck twice and sweated off a few pounds digging out but it was fun to be out in the woods. Going to be in the 60's next week so we'll be melting some snow finally.
Sounds like a good way to finish out the season. I'll be a little sorry to see the end of the snow but when it does go I hope it goes fast. Think I'm ready to swap the blower for a mower deck.

pclark

Sounds like a good way to finish out the season. I'll be a little sorry to see the end of the snow but when it does go I hope it goes fast. Think I'm ready to swap the blower for a mower deck.
Yes, it was fun, a little bit of different riding than just smooth trails. Happy that my sled is in a place where I can just drive it off a snowbank and onto the trailer next week. We have so much snow still but next week with warm days will be heading out for some bluegills and hopefully replacing snowmobile trailer in driveway with boat trailer but ice out looks again to be May. Probably later up by you?

mezz

Boondockers get stuck too, nothing to be ashamed of. My riding partners use to say, if your not getting stuck, your not having fun. I strongly disagreed as I felt a tad humiliated when it happened. I eventually got over it though, sort of......:)

skiroule

Yes, it was fun, a little bit of different riding than just smooth trails. Happy that my sled is in a place where I can just drive it off a snowbank and onto the trailer next week. We have so much snow still but next week with warm days will be heading out for some bluegills and hopefully replacing snowmobile trailer in driveway with boat trailer but ice out looks again to be May. Probably later up by you?
Yep, Mezz is right. Sometimes I try to claim I’m not stuck but one of my riding friends usually gets me on a technicality. He says : “If the helmet comes off, you’re stuck.”

Strange time of the year up here. Still a good 3 ft. of ice on the lake but the Rainy is open for about 50 miles downstream from I-Falls. Most boat ramps are open and there are boat rigs everywhere in town. I’ve even seen trucks pulling an Ice Castle and boat in tandem. Guess they have it all covered. The lake probably will open up mid-May.