400 miles on a 1981 400 XS special...in November!

towtruck

well, it was only 360 miles but 400 sounded better in the title. Went on the minnesota swanride, crossing into the wisconsin bluffs south of St. Paul MN.
it's an annual ride i guess, this year on Nov 1st. I rode with the christian motor cycle group (CMA) from Shakopee MN - nice group - I ride with them on thursday nights a few times a summer. It is not a CMA event however. Anyway the bluffs in wi south of st paul offer extremely fun hills and curves and since I did not know the area very well it was nice to be in a group . If you want to try it next year or see some info, go to mnswanride.com
now that I know my 400 and I can ride 360 miles in a day, I may try a UP bike trip next year!

Firecatguy

did ya make it down to BuckKnuckles? or Hansons Holdout?
I live in the River Valley and Ride the area extensively I can give you some great routes if your looking we usually take the back roads of the back roads...we ran the river down by st Peter over the weekend then Down to Durand on monday...What a great November

towtruck

did ya make it down to BuckKnuckles? or Hansons Holdout?
I live in the River Valley and Ride the area extensively I can give you some great routes if your looking we usually take the back roads of the back roads...we ran the river down by st Peter over the weekend then Down to Durand on monday...What a great November

hi Firecat,
we were in Durand but I don't know about those other places, the leader seemed to know "the back roads of the back roads" which is what I love as well. I'd love to get some route ideas from you -would also be interested in meeting in Red Wing or Nelson or where ever for a day ride. Me and another New Prague guy were riding the MN side by Cannon Falls and Welch Village today- got a late start and rode an hour home in the dark - not good - and cold ! reminded of a sled ride.. ya great November