5.7 Pilot skis for 2013 Skidoo Rev XP

Wiscon1

Looking for a nice used pair of 5.7 Pilot Skis for a 2013 Rev. Black in color. Bought a brand new pair of USI triple threat skis and wife did not like them. Selling the USI and going back to 5.7. If you have some for sale please let me know. Thanks

Last edited:

Wiscon1

Used them 3 times and bought brand new. For her it was harder for her to steer. I added the less aggressive fin on but wasn't going to have it. Can't sell till I have the 5.7 pilots. I will let you know once I have them. Thank you

longtrack

Turn up the Middle Spring all the way and turn down the Ski Springs to the lowest setting. If that doesn't do it turn the rear Spring down a notch.

If you do all that it may not turn, but it will steer easy.

I have a extra set of 5.7 Black/Gray Loops up in my Barn, but I don't think you need them.

Wiscon1

Turn up the Middle Spring all the way and turn down the Ski Springs to the lowest setting. If that doesn't do it turn the rear Spring down a notch.

If you do all that it may not turn, but it will steer e
I have a extra set of 5.7 Black/Gray Loops up in my Barn, but I don't think you need them.

Thank you.

i was told to loosen the limiter strap and tighten front skis shocks and lighten up on the back spring. Does that make sense? Compared to my buddies rev the front end is lower on my wife's sled.

G

G

Biggest bang for the buck would be to increase spring pre-load on front shock of rear suspension. Don't do 3 things at once or you will never figure anything out. If it is a 13 some set in or spring fatigue has probably occured. Lengthening the limiter strap will not have any effect if there is already slack in it. Put sled on level surface. Have wife sit on sled. Get your head down so you can see the limiter strap. My guess would be that there is some slack in the limiter strap. I do not have a Doo but I am sure adjusting the front suspension spring will suck because it does on just about every other sled. But tighten the spring a little at a time and have her drive it around some. Just go 1 turn at a time until the slack goes out of the limiter strap or until it steers lighter. No need to lock the spring every time just for test rides. If you adjust to the point where there is no slack in the limiter strap and the steering is still heavy then it might be time to lengthen the limiter strap. Tightening the front ski springs is the opposite of what you are trying to do. That will put more pressure on the skis making them harder to turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wiscon1

Biggest bang for the buck would be to increase spring pre-load on front shock of rear suspension. Don't do 3 things at once or you will never figure anything out. If it is a 13 some set in or spring fatigue has probably occured. Lengthening the limiter strap will not have any effect if there is already slack in it. Put sled on level surface. Have wife sit on sled. Get your head down so you can see the limiter strap. My guess would be that there is some slack in the limiter strap. I do not have a Doo but I am sure adjusting the front suspension spring will suck because it does on just about every other sled. But tighten the spring a little at a time and have her drive it around some. Just go 1 turn at a time until the slack goes out of the limiter strap or until it steers lighter. No need to lock the spring every time just for test rides. If you adjust to the point where there is no slack in the limiter strap and the steering is still heavy then it might be time to lengthen the limiter strap. Tightening the front ski springs is the opposite of what you are trying to do. That will put more pressure on the skis making them harder to turn.

Thanks a lot for the help. So if I read your email correctly you are saying tighten the front suspension spring a little at a time and let her test ride it. Last I looked the limiter strap had slack in it and the front spring was at the lowest setting possible. Thinking about it this might be my issue. If I tighten that up will that take the weight off the skis?

G

G

Yes. Do that first. Do not screw around with anything else quite yet.

1fujifilm

Looking for a nice used pair of 5.7 Pilot Skis for a 2013 Rev. Black in color. Bought a brand new pair of USI triple threat skis and wife did not like them. Selling the USI and going back to 5.7. If you have some for sale please let me know. Thanks

With all due respect coming from a guy that has had annual new Doo's from 03-18; these skis were some of the best skis ever.
May I ask why you changed them up?

Bear

blkhwkbob

I have a 12 Rev XP. The spring on the front of the rear suspension on mine was broken and it's somewhat common. Not saying that's your problem but take a good look while you're down there as it's not easy to see.

old abe

Right on grub. This is very easy to do on the Doo suspension. Just get the spanner wrench out of the sled tool pack, and adjust to increase spring pressure. Do this 1 "notch" at a time. 5 settings are available. Reducing ski spring pressure would be the next step.

Wiscon1

With all due respect coming from a guy that has had annual new Doo's from 03-18; these skis were some of the best skis ever.
May I ask why you changed them up?

Bear

Just wanted to try a new ski. Looking back I should of just left it alone. Thanks to everyone for there responses. Will be going up at the end of the month and will try it out.

Wiscon1

If you do all that it may not turn, but it will steer easy.

Longtrack,

For a fall back if its still hard to steer how much do you want for the skis you have in the barn? Are they is good shape? Thanks again!

1fujifilm

Just wanted to try a new ski. Looking back I should of just left it alone. Thanks to everyone for there responses. Will be going up at the end of the month and will try it out.

Cool, we are always trying for better options when riding.

Bear