60 Days of Snowmobiling for Cancer!

snowballcancer

Nick Keller is once again on the trails snowmobiling for 60 consecutive days attemping to beat his 2010 Snowball Cancer Challenge record when he travelled 19,506 miles from December 26, 2009 - February 23, 2010.

He has since started his 2011 Snowball Cancer Challenge on December 26, 2010. Nick's goal this year is to snowmobile more than 20,494 miles in 60 days. That would give Nick a combined total of more than 40,000 miles in 120 days! Now that is what I call snowmobiling.

You can read all about Nick's journey by reading his blog and checking out his SPOT tracker on his location. Check out: www.snowballcancer.org

Visit Blog: http://www.snowballcancer.org/snowball-cancer-challenge-2011/nicks-2011-blog/

snowballcancer

Where is Nick?

If you have spotted Nick and his 2010 Red Yamaha RS Vector GT let us know where you saw him.

He has just finished Day: 18 (Jan 12, 2011) for a combined total of 6,234 thus far. His sled's odometer officially reads 27,234 miles.

blu2u2

I can not imagine riding over 20,000 miles in 60 days! I had the pleasure of meeting Nick at Haydays last year. Nick is a wonderful person!

Best wishes for reaching your goal this year...You are riding for a great cause!

favoritos

We saw Nick on Wednesday riding in fresh powder south of Iron Belt.

I'll bet that was a fun ride.

BTW, we were quite impressed to see him riding those tough winding trails. Not an easy way to slap on the miles.

D

Deleted member 10829

I just got back from a week in the UP and we saw him at the intersection of 102 and 11 early in the week, I don't remember the exact day. He had mentioned he had over 27k miles on the sled and was with 3 others sledders I believe.

snowballcancer

Day: 21

By the end of Day: 21 (Saturday, January 15, 2011) Nick has a total of 7,142 miles with the odometer reading 28,142. Nick has been enjoying his great snowmobiling especially now that their is more snow!

snowballcancer

500+ Miles In 1 Day

Nick has officially decided to go ahead and take the challenge that many have put in front of him. Nick will attempt to go for 500+ miles in ONE DAY, Monday, February 14th, 2011! He will be honoring his mother, Mary Jane who died from cancer at the young age of 56.

People can pledge per miles for what he can achieve on that ONE day or a one time pledge by emailing snowballcancer@gmail.com to see if he can meet this challenge. The pledges will go to the Keller Family Community Foundation which is a non-profit. Your donation is tax deductible.

snowballcancer

ODOMETER Flipped 30,000!

Well, the odometer finally flipped over to 30,000 miles as of 4:42pm today infront of Camp '1' in Wisconsin. It only took 96 days of riding the sled to accomplish that goal.

My final odometer reading at the end of Day: 26 (Thursday, January 20th, 2011) is 30,117. Which has me at a total of 9,117 miles ridden thus far and averaging out to 350.65 per day. I am also about 1294 miles ahead of my last years pace.

If you would ever like to join me on the trails, please wave me down and you are more than welcome to join.

snowballcancer

10,304 Miles After Day: 29

Nick has ridden 10,304 miles within the last 29 days. (That averages out to 355.31 miles per day.)

Nick's sled will be having her 100th snowmobiling birthday tomorrow, which will also be Nick's half way point for his 60 day Snowball Cancer Challenge 2011.

To read Nick's blog, check out his spot tracker and everywhere he has been, or donate please visit: www.snowballcancer.org.

snowballcancer

Day: 31 Have you seen Nick lately?

Nick has now travelled a total of 11,041 miles within the last 31 days (since December 26, 2010). Also, with a total of 32,041 miles on the sled for only riding 101 days!

If you have seen Nick lately on the trails or at rest stops let us know. Or if you have a story to share to Nick, please share. He can always use all of the support that he can while out on the trails raising money for people with cancer.

Visit: www.snowballcancer.org to read up about the foundation that he started or how you can help!

snowballcancer

Pictures

Thought you may want to see a few pictures from the trails. I have completed Day: 34 as of January 28, 2011 with total miles of 12,194! I am over half ways done and looking for to the final 26 days. You can view more of my pictures by going directly to the Keller Family Community Foundation webpage and look under Snowball Cancer Challenge 2011.

Attachments

• Krupp's Mini Mart.jpg
    Krupp's Mini Mart.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Nick with fellow riders.jpg
    Nick with fellow riders.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 107
  • snowball-truck.jpg
    snowball-truck.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 107
  • snow on trail2.jpg
    snow on trail2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 103

windingtrailgal

Just cuz of happenchance, my husb and posse were at Krupps when you were! He didn't talk to you but was impressed! Me? It's serendipitious!

Impressive!!!!

wtg

Last edited:

snowballcancer

Windingtrailgal - you should have told him to come and speak to me. Do not be afraid to come over and talk to me. I like visiting with people and sociallizing a bit at each stop. So anyone who sees me just wave me down if you want to talk and chat for a bit.

snowballcancer

Day: 41 (Friday, February 4, 2011)

Well, I just finished up Day 41 of my 60 day snowmobile journey. I have a total of 14,764 for an average of 360 miles per day. Also, the total miles on my odometer reads: 35,764 (that is a total of 111 days of sledding).

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be doing an extra special challenge on Valentine's Day in honor of my mother and all others who have passed away from cancer. I will be trying to surpass 500 miles in one day. If you or anyone else you know would like to pledge per mile that I can achieve that day or make a special one time donation in honor of somone that you love; please contact the foundation at snowballcancer@gmail.com or visit the website for more details: www.snowballcancer.org.

dcfroe

Nick,

My wife and I are coming up on the 12th for 3 days of riding. I will leave some money with Chad @ M&M for gas. If you are in the area I would love for the wife to meet you. My brother and I met you last year at Chads. Keep up the good work! Stay safe and Think Snow!

D

Deleted member 10829

Nick,

With all of those miles, what have you had to replace on that sled? I have an FST with 12,000 on it and have replaced my track, all bearings and the primary clutch. Just replaced my wear rods this year with 11,000 miles on them.

Keep up your good work!

snowballcancer

DCFROE - Thank you so much for the message. I go past that area often so hopefully I can run into you. If you see me just wave me down or you can always check with Chad (who has my cell number) to see where I am at.

snowballcancer

Sled Repairs

If you would like to see all of the work that I do with the sled to keep it running you can definitely check out my daily blog on the foundation website. www.snowballcancer.org and check out the Snowball Cancer Challenge 2011 (Nick's Blog). Also at the end of my 60 day journey, I will post my complete maintenance log on the site for everyone to check out.