'75 Everest 340E and '77 Everest 440

maddogchief

Alright, I am trying to establish a before and after value to make a determination as to whether I want to restore these sleds.

1975 Everest 340E.
Goods - Track is 80%. Less than 1000 miles. Seat is good. Hood is good, no cracks, insulation on hood still in tact
Bads - Hasn't ran in years. Missing gas gap, snowflap, and windshield. Plug wires have been cut. Varnish smell coming from tank. Needs fuel lines
1977 Everest 440
Goods - Track is 70%. Less than 2000 miles. Ran last year
Bads - Needs windshield, Needs seat re-covered, needs fuel lines, Hood is good minus a 2"x4" section missing on the bottom right.

I paid 25$ a piece for them. Any thoughts or offers are appreciated. Thanks

jr37

I guess it all depends on your intentions with these sleds. Restore and sell? Restore and ride? Fix enough to ride? Do you even want to keep them?

You can run an add on Vintagesleds.com and probably find the parts you need.

I don't think either sled would fetch a big price as a restoration. I would think you could make money on them selling them as is now. It doesn't sound like either one would take much to get rideable. Would make for a nice vintage ride next season.

maddogchief

I was leaning towards the restore and sell side of them. I'm only thinking about 100$ a piece if I sell them as is, whereas if I put a little money in them, I could see close to 500$ a piece? I didn't think they were a very sought after sled, but when it comes to vintage, it's always hard to tell.

skiroule

It's a tough call. You definitely bought them cheap but could put a few hundred into them to get them in any condition to sell them for $400 - $500 apiece. Of course, that doesn't include your time. I would maybe start with the basics. Get them running first. If one or the other won't run, I'd look at trying to sell it as is. If you get them running, then go from there and decide how much more time and money you want to put into them.

Every now and then I see an Everest listed so they are out there but since the Everest parts fit so many years and models, it's equally possible that someone would buy one for parts.