800 e-tek hesitation

Bullcheater

rode my friends 800 e-tek today for 20 miles or so. has a definate hesitation on acceleration. I think its in the 5000 to 5500 rpm range. He says his 600 etek is the same way, but more severe. I ride an 800r powertek. and we both agreed that my powertek powered more smoothly. noticed no difference on top end. any thoughts on why his eteks are doin this?

misty_pines

Could be that has not completed the break in yet? How many miles on it? Mine 800 e-tec accelerates very smoothly although while in "break in" mode, I noticed a hiccup on occassion. The tag on my sled indicated it needed 22 miles of gas to run through it before the engine gets out of the break in cycle. Some say it takes longer that that.

Bullcheater

He said that he will have it checked out. I found it wierd that both do this. They were purchased and serviced by two different dealers. I have to say that i found the throttle awfully easy to push compared to my powertek. That would take some getting used to. And the rpm drop when u let off aswell. Nothing seemed smooth. I am considering a purchase for next year. Based on this ride i probably won't get one. I should ride another one to check tho. Thanks

snoluver1

There is talk of reed cage issues causing running quality complaints on these motors. Might be worth looking into.

L

lenny

my friend has a 600 e and there is no hesitation, that thing plain rips hard