96 zrt 600, w/pipes jet size

blvette

I have a 96 zrt600 with black magic pipes and clutch kit, uni filters and boyesen reeds. Looking for a good start for main jet size just put the pipes on it, am running 330 right now, looking for main jet and needle clip placement

jimfsr

better budget for a few pistons, with that many changes, your gonna need em. It will just take a lot of playing around with it. Mains, pilots, needle clip positions etc. Best thing to do is get a EGT guage hooked up and start dialing it in.

blvette

yea i am going to jet to 370 to start. I have done alot of work to sled, engine is all fresh has the updated front and rear suspension. Just looking if anyone had any suggestions. I do have few extra pistons and cylinder but am not looking to use them. thanks

Tito

I ran 370 in mine but I had an air box. If you have 370 you can 2nd notch on above 20 degree days with no problems. The bad about filters when your going slow theres a lot of heat in the belly and you need to jet for that . When you get going faster you lose that heat and if you have running good. Your going to be rich or lean with the same jetting. Filters only make sense on a short or one long drag run. And are not that good when you heat soak the motor