98 polaris 500 classic

shadowman

Hi all,have 98 Polaris classic. Last year start sled for first ride of year engine would start right up but would not stay running with choke off until fully warm. Removed carbs 2 days ago found right carb pilot jet plug I cleaned carbs installed and started engine. Idles great now but when you accelerate engine wants to die any help would be great thank you all

uncle_ed

Sounds like you still have a fuel delivery problem. If your plugs are fresh then I would start looking over the fuel pump and lines to the carbs and make sure the pump has vacuum and is delivering fuel to the carbs.

When the sled is running at a steady idle and is warmed up and you flip the enrichener does the sled want to die? If not then you might want to pull the plungers out of the carbs and clean them. They can get gummed up and hang up in the choked position.

BTW welcome to the site!!

uncle_ed

Still sounds like fuel. Not running good without the choke on tells me maybe there is not enough vacuum to pump fuel on its own. Check fuel pump, lines, (including vacuum), fuel filters, compression in the cylinders for low compression and when it is running try spraying starting fluid at the crank seals to see if they are sucking air. The engine rpm`s will go up when you hit the seals.

uncle_ed

Glad you found a fix for your problem! All to often when I am stumped by a problem I just go over everything again and sometimes it just pays off............