A Great White North Winter Activity Combo

skiroule

Wasn’t really sure where to post this, since it has a little sled footage and a little humor but since it’s mostly fishing, I decided to put it here.

Stumbled across this when transferring a few videos last night. Last March I invited a couple of buddies to come up and do a little late-season ice fishing. Of course, like a good host, I let them ride the late models and I went to my “go to” ice fishing sled. This video was the result.

Was pretty fun to make and hope you get a kick out of it – runs about 4 min.

skiroule

This probably goes without saying but this can be viewed in full screen by selecting "YouTube" while viewing (to watch on YouTube). Seems like videos used to be able to be viewed full screen directly from the forum but maybe I'm mistaken.

skiroule

Great video! Livin' the dream you are!! Love it..

I'm sure the lifestyle wouldn't work for a lot of people but it seems to suit us. I suppose the fact that we grew up in this area helped minimize the culture shock when we moved back.

After over 45 years in the burbs we really didn't want any neighbors and intentionally chose a home located outside the city limits to avoid the busy downtown scene. Here's a recent shot of the main street (and I mean the "main" street). I think it was a Saturday night. I'm sure you can follow our reasoning.

Baudette_Saturday_Nite.jpg

Wonder how many trips I made up and down this street during my high school years?