accurate forecast

L

lenny

Howdy Johnny,

Real tough ? 4 U. When I watch my forecast the high temps for the day are often a good 5+ higher than predicted and the night time lows lower than predicted,,at least that's what seems to appear. Is it possible that I am seeing Ontonagoon or Baraga forecasts because there's no forecast for my area? I really could use some help to find forecasts for my local. If there is none for Greenland/Mass, what may be the next best area that is closer in comparison. Can you hook a brother up?

Lenny

garyl62

Howdy Johnny,

Real tough ? 4 U. When I watch my forecast the high temps for the day are often a good 5+ higher than predicted and the night time lows lower than predicted,,at least that's what seems to appear. Is it possible that I am seeing Ontonagoon or Baraga forecasts because there's no forecast for my area? I really could use some help to find forecasts for my local. If there is none for Greenland/Mass, what may be the next best area that is closer in comparison. Can you hook a brother up?

Lenny

Hey Lenny, you're asking the guy that does private weather forecasting.... get the checkbook out and he'll hook you up real good! :)

L

lenny

Hey Lenny, you're asking the guy that does private weather forecasting.... get the checkbook out and he'll hook you up real good! :)
lol
I'm not looking for a private forecast just a reference for one that is closest to Greenland

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lenny. I don't know the source of your forecast, so it is hard for me to tell you anything more about the errors.

Point forecasts (a forecast for a very specific locale) are usually done for areas of high concern (usually because of high population). This is when it can be a bad thing to live in a small community, as the resources just do not exist to dial in the forecast for your exact spot.

You can go here: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/mqt/

Then click on the map near the top of the page at the exact location you want the forecast for and you will be given a point forecast. I don't know how it is generated, or how accurate, but beyond doing what Gary mentioned, it may be tough.

-John

old abe

Follow John's advice on the noaa map Lenny. It works good for me. There can be a big difference in temps in a short distance, depending on elevation, and other variables, but the noaa product handles them very good in my book.