Adams, Waushara, Marquette counties 12-29-07

S

skylar

Trails were great, then got choppy in the afternoon. Lots of people out riding having fun. 158 miles today. Left Oxford, went to Brooks, Grand Marsh, Hancock, Rome, Big Flats, Arkdale, Adams, White Creek, and then home.

2007 RMK, 1993 XLT, 2006 Switchback.

63074.jpg

Heading to Brooks

63075.jpg

Groomed to perfection

63076.jpg

Me, just south of Hancock

63077.jpg

The RMK stuck in a drift

63078.jpg

Another shot of the trail

63079.jpg

mrsjac95

Hey Skylar - too cool to ride around the home base HUH!? Nice looking trails you've got over there!

Are you standing next to the sled or sitting on it... can't tell.

REV IT UPx2!

Jul

mrsjac95

fcat700 - You live in Onalaska Wi!? I lived there from Kindergarten until I was in the 5th Grade! I went to Fauverhill Elementary. We lived on Braund Street. When I lived there it was a dead end, now there is a retail area where my house was.

Just thougth I'd share...

REV IT UPx2!

Jul

ridesafe

Nice ride today Skylar!! Awesome pics. And here I was mudding drywall all day.
angry.gif

Did get out for a ride tonight tho.It's getting a little rough but not too bad.

fcat700: Nice picture of the family.

S

skylar

Juls, yes it is very cool. All the clubs do an outstanding job of maintaining the trails. They were a little choppy at the end of the day, but, with all the traffic, it was expected.

I am kind of leaning on the seat, why, what are you trying to say, I'm a runt? LOL.
happy.gif

Man that RMK is a gas pig. I put 60 bucks in gas yesterday!!

Eric, you have to pay for the new toy somehow right? LOL.

Nice looking fam Fcat, hope ya have a good ride today.

mrsjac95

Fcat - Did you grow up there? We moved there from St. Paul, MN before I started Kindergarten. We drove through a couple years ago for a funeral for a family friend and I could not believe how much the area changed!! Braund is no longer a dead end and my house is gone and is replaced by a store. Our family friend's house is still there - across the street from the store!

Skylar - RMK hogs gas huh? Bummer. I bet Revegade didn't hog gas... I guess I will find that out when we bring it up for our trip. Unless we get rained out.

REV IT UPx2!

Jul

S

skylar

No, Revegade did not hog gas, I averaged 15 mpg with that sled. LOVED that gas milegae! But, Revegade was not able to go where I have gone with my RMK.
happy.gif

mrsjac95

Glad to hear that! So, the RMK has taken you places you've never gone - now that romantic! You lucky dog!

Have a blast! Doug and I are going for a ride. I totally forgot that Revegade didn't have electric start! DOH!!

REV IT UPX2!

Jul

fcat700

mrsjac95 - We moved here in 1989. The area has change. We love LaCrosse, always something to do outdoors, camping, boating, fishing, hunting and when we have snow, snowmobiling.

skylar - My 2006 AC F7 efi gets around 11-12 mpg even when taking it easy, do you think that sounds right?

We put on 78 miles with the family around Trempealeau and LaCrosse counties. Starting to get thin in spots but not to bad. Almost got taken out by an out of contol rider.

S

skylar

Fcat, yes that sounds about right. In my experience with efi cats, they have never gotten very good mileage. When I mean good, I mean 14-15 or more. My buddy has a 2002 ZR800 EFI, and when riding at "family" speeds, he gets about 15. But when riding with the guys, about 12-13.

Before gas went to 3 bucks a gallon, I never worried about mileage. I sure do now.
sad.gif
LOL

fcat700

skylar - The same trip my 1996 Cougar 550 carb got 16.5 so 12 will take some getting use to, but I think I will. Thanks

S

sled_solutions

Skylar,

What vent kit do you have in the shock wells on the RMK?

Paul

S

skylar

Hi Paul, those would be "I am too cheap to buy SLP ones, so I made my own" vents. LOL. I already had a big piece of prefilter material, so I found some plastic at work, drilled some holes, and wala, vent kit is made. Here is how I vented the area above my feet.
happy.gif

63500.jpg

S

sled_solutions

Nice....nothing wrong with that! I was considering doing my own when I had the Fusion.

Nice Job!!