but thought is was more appropriate to ask here
thanks

dfattack

anyone use one of these ?
thinking about getting one for my 15 indy
was going to ask in the yamaha thread that spun off the rails
but thought is was more appropriate to ask here
thanks

Probably a good idea to start a new thread. Yes I have them on all my sleds.

whitedust

Had adjustable limiter on my doo 98 triple F700. Same idea but had a hand knob on a threaded rod. I used it on trails in central WI on sunny days when trails got icy in the late afternoon. Pulled down my skis for improved corner handling while my buds were slipping and sliding it was a slick adjustment in the 90s blew my buds away. Lol. Modern suspensions where it’s easy to change coupling ,push button ride modes and doo TS adjustable skis I no longer need to tweak limiter for trail conditions easier ways to do it.

dfattack

Had adjustable limiter on my doo 98 triple F700. Same idea but had a hand knob on a threaded rod. I used it on trails in central WI on sunny days when trails got icy in the late afternoon. Pulled down my skis for improved corner handling while my buds were slipping and sliding it was a slick adjustment in the 90s blew my buds away. Lol. Modern suspensions where it’s easy to change coupling ,push button ride modes and doo TS adjustable skis I no longer need to tweak limiter for trail conditions easier ways to do it.
what you are saying is true except to get the precise setting as your starting point...for someone who wants to get it as close as possible the stock straps with holes don't allow for the precise setting. Adjustable straps such as the one in the OP allows for that. I DO NOT adjust mine after it's set the first time. I have seen first hand the limitations of stock straps and how these trac-links can get you the fine tuning. Maybe more than some or even most need or want but it does give you more precise adjustment. They aren't very expensive and can provide better adjustability for those who want it.

whitedust

what you are saying is true except to get the precise setting as your starting point...for someone who wants to get it as close as possible the stock straps with holes don't allow for the precise setting. Adjustable straps such as the one in the OP allows for that. I DO NOT adjust mine after it's set the first time. I have seen first hand the limitations of stock straps and how these trac-links can get you the fine tuning. Maybe more than some or even most need or want but it does give you more precise adjustment. They aren't very expensive and can provide better adjustability for those who want it.
No doubt it’s more precise I used mine as a carbide tweak. As you said you don’t change yours I’m a button pusher these days use stock settings to git er done.Imo it depends on what you are trying to accomplish I wouldn’t over expect but it’s neat to have if you use it.

Last edited:

snoden

Everyone in my group uses the trac link limiter strap. We adjust ours daily when riding. Like dfattack said it's easier to fine tune the center of the sled with its infinite adjustment ability. Once your there it takes 10 seconds to tighten or loosen it one or two turns. Example of this is in the morning when the trail is set up hard and fast you might loosen it a turn for less ski pressure but as the day wears on and the trail starts to soften you may tighten it couple of turns to add more ski pressure for better bite in soft snow. We put a mark on the bolt head with a sharpie as a dial indicator and use a stubby 1/2"-13mm gear wrench that fits in any pocket. Been using them now for four seasons. Possibly the biggest benefit is like dfattack our sleds are set up with the limiter straps tighter than OEM holes allow or the sweet spot is in between factory holes.

hybrid

thanks guys
getting ready to pull the skid for its off season annual checkup
will add one of these while its out

snoden

A few helpful hints for you with the trac link limiter strap. On average it takes 4 full turns on the bolt to span factory holes on a stock limiter strap. Make sure to loosen or tighten preload on the center shock spring when making any adjustments from stock.