AirVenture in Oshkosh Day 6

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, here we go with my last entry on the subject matter. Stick a Fork in me because I am Done! I kinda compare it to when we look forward to a winter trip with the sleds. You anticipate, then you participate, and then you recuperate. That's the way I feel. Glad to have done it, glad to be home, excited to do it again! It's a seven day Fly In but really, it's six days, the seventh day is when the vendors tear down their exhibits, most of the small planes head for home and the big, fast military stuff will be in the air within hours. With this head cold hanging on, I'm glad for a day to recover.

Pictures from today have been collected over the past week. I'll try not to use the same ones twice. As I've said, my days seemed to blend together and at times I had to pause to know what day it was.

If you know of any Viet Nam vets, they're surely familiar with the Huey Helicopter this one has the 1rst Cavalry Nose art.
Air36.jpg

The KC 135 Stratotanker. Gas to go, anywhere in the world.
Air9.jpg

We had two B29's at this year's show. I'm not sure if there are any others still flying.
Both "Doc" and "FiFi" were a part of the show.
Air6.jpg

Near the end of Saving Private Ryan, a plane comes in and destroys a German Tiger tank.
That plane was a P47 Thunderbolt, like this one.
Air35.jpg

As aforementioned, we had some terrific weather for the past week. Not too hot, no humidity, perfect.
I met some people from Florida and Arizona that were in heaven. They don't want to go home!

I thought I'd close out the post with some pictures of the sunsets we enjoyed over the last several days. I hope you've enjoyed our travels, maybe learned something new and maybe join us next year for the greatest aviation adventure on Earth!
air26.jpg

Air27.jpg

Air16.jpg

BigSix

Thanks, Gary. I have been to EAA about 6 times since the 1980's. Always enjoyed it and am enjoying your photos and stories. Hope you feel better soon.