AL cam / trail cam questions

bgruschy

John

I'm looking to set up a jobsite camera that would operate simlar to your AL cam or trail cam, could you give me some input where to start and what works for you ? If I remember correctly from reading your journals you have gone through some different options for cameras and software so I figure you could save me some pain in getting a set up to work.

thanks

Brian

radsrh

bgruschy if you click on the Trail Cam link, at the top of the page is a link "click here to read about how the cam set up was accomplished" it will take you to the page you are looking for.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks radsrh. I actually need to update that page as that is not how I do the trail cam now, but is close to how I do the AL Cam.

Brian-

For the trail cam I use the netcam from Stardot Technologies. It has proven to be very reliable in that spot. It is a stand alone system, so you do not need a computer to run the cam. All you need is power and an internet connection at the site to make things work. If you already have a computer near where you want to setup the cam, then using a regular webcam from Logitech is probably your best bet.

-John