Al Cam

radsrh

Hay John just wanted to let you know I am missing the Al cam, funny it seems in winter it is always winter and for the most part snow everyday. But I look at the cam the most in spring to see how things are coming along with the thaw and when I might make it back to camp. I appreciate your site and all the information you give us and me personally and wanted to let you know I miss the weather station and the pic from your yard.

A

admin

Funny you should type that. I was just working on getting it back up this morning. Looks ok now, not sure what was the problem though.

Anyway, looks can be deceiving with the snow in front of the AL Cam. The heat from the septic, pex tubing for heat and even the water line has melted most of the snow from that area, but I still have 12" in the woods. Have not been out by your camp all season, so not sure how things there are, but as you know it typically sees less snow so you might be able to get out there right now.

The snow is going. Suppose to make it into the low to mid 60's today and the sun is getting very warm. I would imagine by next weekend you can go anywhere you want and make it through any existing snow up here.

-John

radsrh

Thank you very much John, I was up last Friday of course with the truck loaded. I was able to get the ATV back in but not the truck yet. The road had spots of mashed potato snow just a little to deep yet for the truck and some soft spots with the frost starting to come out. I will be up in a couple of weeks to pick up my trees and bushes from the Houghton Conservation so I will have to try again. Keep up the great work

frnash

That, and the weather station display seems to be in cardiac arrest — since 4/6 at 6:24 PM.
(But you surely noticed that too.
happy.gif
)

frnash

By the way, John, the text overlay on the AL Cam picture is wearing a very nice new font; that sure is a clean, crisp, clear font! (The old text overlay was beginning to get a bit blurry & fuzzy.)
happy.gif

The new footnote, "WebCam XP," seems to suggest there may be something else that's new about the AL Cam. True?

A

admin

frnash-

I did switch the software that captures the image and uploads it. The Kabcam was just not cutting it any more. Lots of FTP errors.

I switched to WebCam XP and it has never encountered an error in almost 2 weeks.

Glad you like the new front.

-John