All the best - John

eyeman

Wow. You're dealing with something we all hope to never have to face but likely will. You're way to young for this s....

Mayo is the best and I've seen miracles come out of there, so let's hope for the least invasive and the quickest recovery. Keep us informed.

frnash

John, when this is all over, you're gonna need a new T-shirt!
Timex Tshirt.jpg
(Click on thumbnail for larger image.)

Or i sure as heck hope so, and real soon.
Best wishes for the best possible outcome!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can read the current Journal for the latest results. All the best John, there's a lot of people here that are wishing you well and for a speedy recovery!

Gary

mezz

You certainly have had more than your share of complications. You are a genuine Timex, you define "takes a licking but keeps on ticking." I hope that all goes as desired for you at Mayo, they certainly are a top notch provider. Best wishes to you & looking forward to your return to a better you.:snowman:-Mezz

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone.

I will be talking to a PA on Tuesday and then they will be meeting with the Dr's to see who is brave or foolish enough to take my case!

Keep you all posted as I can.

-John

Hoosier

Will keep you in my prayers! Don't think I've met you but been following this site so long and reading the journals that it feels like I know you. I'm sure a lot of others here feel the same.

slimcake

Def keeping you in my thoughts John. Crazy to think of what you have gone through. I don't remember the chemo as a kid story. Hope I am not prying to much. You have had more than your share of battles. Makes you who you are though. Can see it in your level headedness. Like there are bigger things to worry about. Take it easy and if I remember right the last time you were in Rochester I offered to buy lunch!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well this is definitely not the news any of us wanted to hear. Hopefully it's option 1, I sure hope they do not have to open you up again. Did they put in a zipper the last time? :) just kidding my friend, hoping for the best!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Def keeping you in my thoughts John. Crazy to think of what you have gone through. I don't remember the chemo as a kid story. Hope I am not prying to much. You have had more than your share of battles. Makes you who you are though. Can see it in your level headedness. Like there are bigger things to worry about. Take it easy and if I remember right the last time you were in Rochester I offered to buy lunch!

If I see that I have some free time, I will drop you a line and see if we can meet up for lunch.

Been through a lot for sure. I remember as a kid watching the six million dollar man and thinking it would be so cool to be fixed up like that. I’m closing in on that amount of cash spend to keep me going, but my eyesight is getting worse, I can’t even run far enough to make it to the toilet without having to stop and Dr’s told me to not lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk!
oh well, I can still hug and kiss my wife and daughter and that makes it all worthwhile!

timo

Lots of people praying here for your health JD.
Hoping for the best outcome possible
Keep the faith.