Anbody Have A Forest County WI Trail Open Date?

Swampy

Try snowtracks.com/reporter/ Lots of info for that area and others up that way.

Last edited:

packerlandrider

Pete,

Forest County has a quite long, drawn out (downright old fashioned) routine of opening trails. Since so many gates need to be opened, they require a notice in the local paper (which is only published once a week). The trails usually don't open until 4-5 days after the notice is run. If I remember correctly, the paper is published every Wednesday. From past experience, not sure I would expect them open by this weekend, regardless of snow amounts... :(

http://www.snowsafari.com/showthread.php?6013-Trail-Opening-Requirements

whitedust

Yes I know Forest opener is always confusing with all the different clubs involved including 3 lakes on the northwest side. Best I can tell it is snowing in Crandon now not much in Rhinelander but storm was headed east & south of Vilas. I was considering a RT loop thru Long lake then back thru Hiles to Phelps. Difficult to get on trail reports from that area since not well traveled northwest Forest. Normally I would be happy go lucky riding Amasa area but not this year little snow north of Phelps so need to set new trail patterns south & east.