another bad yr here in PA

mrbb

well all you folks out in the west/mid west
be glad your not here in PA
as its another terrible season here, local trails have NOT been open really this yr yet, and the few hrs they were snow was poor at best
over a month into our short as it is season, and no snow, despite it been below freezing here for 2+ weeks now, cold and NO snow!
poor winters here anymore, sad too, as afew yrs back we were pretty consistant with having a good 2+ months of riding time !
NOW< LOL
lucky to get even a few rides in if that !!
trail permits here are like donattions to watch a groomer age! or watch web cam's for wildlife LOL

mrbb

Well if I could swing things, I'd be back out in WY, but the budget doesn't allow right now, lost my job after. 22 Yrs , due to company closing, and screwed us worker in the process.
And YES they sell sleds here, actually have a pretty decent trail system here, IF we ever get snow.
back in the 80's 90's, snow was even reliable. Had lots every winter, 100 to 150 miles a day was possible, we even have groomers too LOL
lots of on trail bars, as folks in Pa like cold beverages it seems Lol

only rode in MI once, many yrs ago, like 1999, LOL
had a great time, but a long drive.
love to get back again some day

mrbb

yup about potter county, sproul state forest and such, normally gets a decent snow, they get some lake effect, tail end of it any ways
and there are some nice trails, both state and private trails
but they been lacking snow a bunch this yr, as is all over the PA trail system

calling for a storm this weekend, but?? way early now to call, and seems to be going to be more east than western part of PA IF it hits

mrbb

got 8 inches of snow last night here at my hunting place
BUT sadly. where my trails are, they got missed
so still no open trails here?? a month into our 2 month season!
ain't looking good for sledders here in PA again!

mrbb

well I have snow now, close to 2 ft oin my yard, with about an 1-2 inches of an ice crust on top, and powder under it
need a warm up to compact it and firm up
but there is good riding now in PA, if you have a sled here better get out now, as trails close in about 35 days LOL

sweeperguy

well I have snow now, close to 2 ft oin my yard, with about an 1-2 inches of an ice crust on top, and powder under it
need a warm up to compact it and firm up
but there is good riding now in PA, if you have a sled here better get out now, as trails close in about 35 days LOL

better there than in central Minnesota, that doesn't happen often