Any Lake Michigan trollers out there?

euphoric1

Last year season started good (but missed it) didn't get out until mid summer and fishing went south in a hurry, could find the fish just couldn't get things to pop. There were times mid july a literal conveyor of fish and bait going across screen, change up speed, presentation, direction and nothing ( lucky graph didn't end up in the lake, nothing more frustrating) Heard on news smelt population is back on rise which could help population with there being more bait. Any predictions or thoughts on how this years coho or king season will play out? Looking forward to getting back on the water! FISH ON!

POLARISDAN

the steelheads were huge this spring in the PM..although i couldnt make it this year..last fall the kings were huge also..so i would think the salmon will be big this year also..you should try fly fishing for them in lower michigan..its a different game than hook and drag

pd

euphoric1

pd, I still late august head down to the mouth of the root, with open rod and reel, I have never tried fly fishing but fighting a 3 to 5 year old on shore....much better than in boat. was going to try to get on big pond this weekend but just like everything else lately... weather pretty much put in a kabosh on that but sounds like coho season isn't shaping up to be anything stellar but with weather the way it is, no surprise. I guess once again killing the kings on the Michigan side and coho's to the south. Didn't get out on pond till first week of july last year and was killing the rainbows, nice size, broke my nephew in right as a few came in on the 300' copper, let him reel those in, we know better, a few weeks later everything went south in a hurry. Unfortunately with things as busy as they are at shop may be july again uuuugh!

the steelheads were huge this spring in the PM..although i couldnt make it this year..last fall the kings were huge also..so i would think the salmon will be big this year also..you should try fly fishing for them in lower michigan..its a different game than hook and drag

pd