Anybody been to the St.Germain show?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure about the swap but the Hall of Fame is worth your while. I spent nearly a half a day in there reconnecting with a lot of memories such as Duhammel's Blizzard, the Trapp 433, the first Ski Doo to visit the north pole, it just goes on and on. Here's a few pictures from the day that we stopped at St Germain Snowmobile Hall of Fame.

Attachments

• Double Eagle 2.jpg
    Double Eagle 2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 71 World Championship Yamaha.jpg
    71 World Championship Yamaha.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 71 Blizzard 797 cc.jpg
    71 Blizzard 797 cc.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 35
  • John Deere.jpg
    John Deere.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 39

snoluver1

Not sure about the swap but the Hall of Fame is worth your while. I spent nearly a half a day in there reconnecting with a lot of memories such as Duhammel's Blizzard, the Trapp 433, the first Ski Doo to visit the north pole, it just goes on and on. Here's a few pictures from the day that we stopped at St Germain Snowmobile Hall of Fame.

I agree the hall of fame definitely sweetens the pot! Can't believe all the times I've driven through, yet never stopped. The Memorial Day traffic part of the equation has me questioning it, more than anything.

Last edited:

bearrassler

SKI DOO DOUBLE EAGLE.jpg

Here is a picture that I took in 1970 of the Ski Doo Double Eagle in West Yellowstone, it is the same sled as in the picture from gary_in_neenah

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a cut a way of the Double Eagle. Twin 800's facing each other and each slightly off center. I can only imagine what it sounded like... and it must've been a hand full to keep everything going in a straight line.

Double Eagle.jpg

snoluver1

Based on your picture, I think you meant to say triple 800's, but who's counting? Lol. :cool3:That thing must have been one heluva wild ride! (The 1970 double eagle was powered by 2 triple 800's. The earlier ones were twins)

Found a video of one of the twins running!
https://youtu.be/SWEbYFsvJhA

Last edited: